Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Unresponsive World of Saturn.

Last week, I attempted to contact my local Saturn Dealership, Saturn of Mentor, to see if perhaps they could give me some information.

I learned two things.

One: They do not call you back when you ask them how much an engine replacement for a 1997 Saturn SC1 with a cracked cylinder head will cost.

Two: They DO KNOW about the problem with the cylinder head, and a technician (whose name escapes me right now) will tell you the best way to find the crack is to remove the camshaft, spray some carburetor and choke cleaner onto the head around the 4th camshaft journal and "the crack should be clear as day".

If the technicians have that much experience with this problem, shouldn't that warrant some sort of "owner support" from the Saturn Corporation?

No comments:

Post a Comment